Anebulo Pharmaceuticals Reports Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2022 Financial Results and Recent Updates
February 11th, 2022
News, Top News
AUSTIN, Texas, February 11, 2022–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Anebulo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANEB), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel solutions for people suffering from acute cannabinoid intoxication and substance abuse (the “Company” or “Anebulo”), today announced financial results for the three months ended December 31, 2021 and recent updates.
Highlights from the fiscal year 2022 second quarter and recent weeks include the following:
- Initiated a Phase 2 proof-of-concept clinical study to investigate ANEB-001 as a potential treatment for acute cannabinoid intoxication. The Phase 2 clinical trial is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study at the Centre for Human Drug Research in, Leiden, the Netherlands to evaluate ANEB-001 in the inhibition of THC-induced effects. The Company expects topline results to be available in the first half of calendar year 2022.
- Participated in a pre-IND (Investigational New Drug) meeting with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) during which the company received guidance regarding the clinical development of ANEB-001 in the United States. The FDA noted that a challenge model whereby subjects are exposed to THC in a controlled clinical setting, as an essential alternative to patient studies, may be acceptable. FDA also suggested we submit a model-informed drug development (MIDD) paired-meeting request, potentially allowing for more frequent contact with the FDA to improve our path to clinical development and intended registration.
- Named Simon Allen as Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Board of Directors. Mr. Allen joined Anebulo on February 1, 2022. Previously he served as Chief Business Officer of Ambrx Biopharma Inc., where he helped prepare and conclude its NYSE IPO and establishing multiple partnerships with pharmaceutical companies such as Bristol Myers Squibb, Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Astellas, BeiGene and Sino Biopharma. These partnerships generated over $270 million in non-dilutive revenue with the potential to earn over a billion dollars in future milestones plus royalties for the company. From 2016 to 2018 he was Chief Executive Officer of CohBar where he transitioned the company from preclinical to clinical, managed the listing of its shares on Nasdaq, and included the company into the Russell 2000 Index. Mr. Allen started his career in the lab at Gilead Sciences working on antiviral drugs for HIV and Influenza prior to spending over two decades in sell-side biotech business development at companies such as Skyepharma, CovX and Kalypsys.
- Appointed Scott L. Anderson as Head of Investor Relations and Public Relations. Mr. Anderson joined Anebulo on January 1, 2022 and is responsible for Anebulo’s global investor relations and public relations programs. With more than 20 years of public company IR and PR experience, Mr. Anderson continues to enhance the Companies outreach programs while managing investor and corporate relationships. Mr. Anderson began his career in similar capacities at companies such as Qualcomm, Qorvo (formerly RF Micro Devices), Actavis plc (formerly Watson Pharmaceuticals) and O2Micro International.
- Issued U.S. method-of-use patent for ANEB-001. The Company strengthened its intellectual property with the issuance of U.S. patent No. 11,141,404, titled “Formulations And Methods For Treating Acute Cannabinoid Overdose.” The patent provides protection through 2040 and describes the use of ANEB-001 to treat acute cannabinoid overdose.
“I am thrilled to join the Anebulo team at such an exciting time in the company’s development. There is a significant and pressing need to treat acute cannabinoid intoxication as hospital emergency department visits for this condition reached 1.7 million in 2018 and continue to increase by approximately 15% annually as more states legalize the use of marijuana,” stated Simon Allen, Chief Executive Officer of Anebulo. “In January, we announced the initiation of our Phase 2 clinical study of ANEB-001 in the Netherlands and expect to report topline results in the first half of this year, an important step in achieving our goal of developing the first FDA-approved therapy for acute cannabinoid intoxication.”
Second Quarter Fiscal 2022 Financial Results
- Operating expenses in the second quarter of fiscal 2022 were $1.1 million compared with $0.3 million in the same period in fiscal 2021.
- Net loss in the second quarter of fiscal 2022 was $1.1 million, or $(0.05) per share, compared with a net loss of $0.3 million, or $(0.03) per share, in the second quarter of fiscal 2021.
- Cash burn in the second quarter of fiscal 2022 was $1.2 million compared with $0.4 million in the same period in fiscal 2021.
- Cash and cash equivalents were $18.0 million as of December 31, 2021.
About Anebulo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Anebulo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel solutions for people suffering from acute cannabinoid intoxication and substance abuse. Its lead product candidate, ANEB-001, is intended to reverse the negative effects of acute cannabinoid intoxication within one hour of administration. ANEB-001 is a competitive antagonist at the human cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1). For further information about Anebulo, please visit www.anebulo.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements as defined in Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These forward-looking statements, along with terms such as “anticipate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “will,” “should” and other comparable terms, involve risks and uncertainties because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that will occur in the future. Those statements include statements regarding the intent, belief or current expectations of Anebulo Pharmaceuticals and members of its management, as well as the assumptions on which such statements are based. Prospective investors are cautioned that any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, including risks attendant to developing, testing and commercializing the company’s product candidates, and those described in Anebulo Pharmaceutical’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and in other periodic reports filed with the SEC, and that actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by such forward-looking statements. Except as required by federal securities law, Anebulo Pharmaceuticals undertakes no obligation to update or revise forward-looking statements to reflect changed conditions.
|Anebulo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Condensed Balance Sheet Data
|December 31, 2021||June 30, 2021|
|Liabilities and stockholders’ equity|
|Total stockholders’ equity||18,913,927||21,411,858|
|Total liabilities and stockholders’ equity||$||18,963,871||$||21,653,491|
|Anebulo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Condensed Statements of Operations
|Three Months Ended
|Research and development||$||212,936||$||169,982|
|General and administrative||858,186||154,589|
|Total operating expenses||1,071,122||324,571|
|Loss from operations||(1,071,122||)||(324,571||)|
|Other expenses, net||(1,869||)||(4,033||)|
|Weighted average common shares outstanding, basic and diluted||23,344,567||12,982,500|
|Net loss per share, basic and diluted||$||(0.05||)||$||(0.03||)|
Anebulo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Head of Investor Relations and Public Relations
Chief Financial Officer
This article was published by CFN Enterprises Inc. (OTCQB: CNFN), owner and operator of CFN Media, the industry’s leading agency and digital financial media network dedicated to the burgeoning CBD and legal cannabis industries. Call +1 (833) 420-CNFN for more information.
About CFN Media Group
CFN Enterprises Inc. (OTCQB: CNFN) owns and operates CFN Media Group, the premier agency and financial media network reaching executives, entrepreneurs and consumers worldwide. Through its proprietary content creation, video library, and distribution via www.CannabisFN.com, CFN has built an extensive database of cannabis interest, assisting many of the world’s largest cannabis firms and CBD brands to build awareness and thrive. For more information, please visit www.cfnenterprisesinc.com.
Disclaimer: Matters discussed on this website contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may from time-to-time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. The Information contains forward-looking statements, i.e. statements or discussions that constitute predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, estimates, or projections as indicated by such words as "expects", "will", "anticipates", and "estimates"; therefore, you should proceed with extreme caution in relying upon such statements and conduct a full investigation of the Information and the Profiled Issuer as well as any such forward-looking statements. Any forward looking statements we make in the Information are limited to the time period in which they are made, and we do not undertake to update forward looking statements that may change at any time; The Information is presented only as a brief "snapshot" of the Profiled Issuer and should only be used, at most, and if at all, as a starting point for you to conduct a thorough investigation of the Profiled Issuer and its securities and to consult your financial, legal or other adviser(s) and avail yourself of the filings and information that may be accessed at www.sec.gov, www.pinksheets.com, www.otcmarkets.com or other electronic sources, including: (a) reviewing SEC periodic reports (Forms 10-Q and 10-K), reports of material events (Form 8-K), insider reports (Forms 3, 4, 5 and Schedule 13D); (b) reviewing Information and Disclosure Statements and unaudited financial reports filed with the Pink Sheets or www.otcmarkets.com; (c) obtaining and reviewing publicly available information contained in commonlyknown search engines such as Google; and (d) consulting investment guides at www.sec.gov and www.finra.com. You should always be cognizant that the Profiled Issuers may not be current in their reporting obligations with the SEC and OTCMarkets and/or have negative signs at www.otcmarkets.com (See section below titled "Risks Related to the Profiled Issuers, which provides additional information pertaining thereto). For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity-based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure, please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/. A short time after we acquire the securities of the foregoing company, we may publish the (favorable) information about the issuer referenced above advising others, including you, to purchase; and while doing so, we may sell the securities we acquired. In addition, a third-party shareholder compensating us may sell his or her shares of the issuer while we are publishing favorable information about the issuer. Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity- based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/.