Icanic Brands Announces Record Financial Results for Period Ended April 30, 2021: California Cannabis Operations Drive 488% Increase in adjusted EBITDA From Last Quarter
July 6th, 2021
Financial Highlights Period Ended April 30 th , 2021:
- Record Q3 2021 revenue of $3.236 million, an increase of 88.4% YoY and 11.7% quarter over quarter
- Record Q3 2021 gross profit of $1.556 million, an increase of 100.2% YoY and 30.6% quarter over quarter
- Record Q3 2021 gross margin of 48.1% compared to 16.3% in Q3 2020
- Record Q3 2021 positive net income of $0.198 million compared to a loss of $0.516 million in Q2 2021
- Record Q3 2021 adjusted EBITDA of $0.543 million, an increase of 488% quarter over quarter
*All currency references used in this are in Canadian currency unless otherwise noted
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, July 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Icanic Brands Company, Inc. (CSE: ICAN, OTCQB: ICNAF) (“ Icanic Brands ” or the “ Company ”), a multi-state brand operator of premium Cannabis brands in California and Nevada, today reports its financial results for the period ended April 30 th , 2021. All currency references used in this news release are in Canadian currency unless otherwise noted.
- Closed acquisition of De Krown Enterprises – A leading California-based manufacturing partner and brand owner. De Krown has the expertise to provide all types of cannabis services including pre-roll manufacturing, cartridge filling, product packaging, extraction, terpene extraction and topicals/edibles with existing capacity to produce 118,000 pre-rolls a day over 2 shifts. De Krown will be able to expand its manufacturing partner relationships by leveraging Icanic Brands current infrastructure to both increase manufacturing client relationships as well as distribute its own branded products across the state. De Krown’s impressive list of manufacturing clients include Pure Beauty, Next Green Wave, Kolas, Dahlia Capital, Cali Innovations, Smoakland, Kush Boys, Tyson Ranch and Viola.
- Closed JV agreement with Heavenly Sweet, a Leading California Based Edibles Company, for expansion in Nevada. Heavenly Sweet was founded in 2008 and produces a variety of 30 different ready-to-eat cannabis infused products while also producing two varieties of their famous cannabutter. Under the leadership of Founder/CEO Sheila Dedenbach, Heavenly Sweet will expand its product offering to Nevada while working out of Icanic Brands’ North Las Vegas manufacturing facility.
- Improved supply chain agreements with leading California producers, allowing the Company to project 60% plus gross margin targets for all branded products including GanjaGold.
- Introduction of 6 new GanjaGold SKUs focusing on fast growing categories including .5 gram pre-rolls and multi packs which is expected to attract a large segment of the California consumer market.
- Redesign of Taylor’s, our value based brand, with additional SKUs in development for Q3-2021 calendar launch.
Concord Facility Update:
- The Company expects construction of the new facility to be completed and full-scale operations commencing in Concord, California in Calendar Q3-2021.
- 2nd automated pre-roll machine will be delivered upon completion of the construction of the Concord facility.
- Company will operate in a 0% city tax environment in Concord.
Mr. Brandon Kou, CEO of Icanic commented, “This was a record quarter for Icanic and I couldn’t be more proud of the entire team. In 2020, we committed to revamping our basics and focusing on ways to improve and set up our business for the future. This past quarter was a great example of the hard work paying off as we saw record revenue figures while significantly improving our operational efficiency leading to record gross margins. With the addition of the De Krown team, we are very excited to continue to grow both our manufacturing partner relationships as well as our growing branded product portfolio. While we have a solid foundation now in place, we are constantly looking for ways to improve our business both organically and acquisitively and I believe we will continue to see the results of our team’s dedication to making Icanic a leader in the California cannabis space.”
About Icanic Brands Company, Inc.
Icanic Brands Company, Inc. is a leading cannabis branded products manufacturer based in California & Nevada, the largest and most competitive cannabis markets in the world. The company’s mission is to make cannabis safe and approachable – that starts with manufacturing high-quality products delivering consistent experiences.
For more information, please visit the company’s website at: www.icaninc.com.
About Ganja Gold
Ganja Gold, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Icanic Brands Company, Inc. (CSE: ICAN, OTCQB: ICNAF), is the premier brand of infused pre-rolls in the state. Ganja Gold focuses on using only the best available flower and concentrates with state of the art proprietary technology to create connoisseur level pre-rolls unseen in the marketplace. With our flagship Tarantula™, Ganja Gold continues to set the bar in quality and experience.
For more information about Ganja Gold, visit their website at www.ganjagold.com
ICANIC BRANDS COMPANY INC.
Per: “Brandon Kou”
Chief Executive Officer
For further information about Icanic Brands, please contact the Company at:
The CSE does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Neither the Canadian Securities Exchange nor its Market Regulator (as that term is defined in the policies of the Canadian Securities Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. The Canadian Securities Exchange has not in any way passed upon the merits of the proposed transaction and has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this press release.
This news release may include forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. All statements within, other than statements of historical fact, are to be considered forward looking. Although the Company believes the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are not guarantees of future performance and actual results or developments may differ materially from those in forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements include market prices, exploitation and exploration successes, continued availability of capital and financing, and general economic, market or business conditions. There can be no assurances that such statements will prove accurate and, therefore, readers are advised to rely on their own evaluation of such uncertainties. We do not assume any obligation to update any forward-looking statements except as required under the applicable laws.
This article was published by CFN Enterprises Inc. (OTCQB: CNFN), owner and operator of CFN Media, the industry’s leading agency and digital financial media network dedicated to the burgeoning CBD and legal cannabis industries. Call +1 (833) 420-CNFN for more information.
Follow Us on Social Media
About CFN Media Group
CFN Enterprises Inc. (OTCQB: CNFN) owns and operates CFN Media Group, the premier agency and financial media network reaching executives, entrepreneurs and consumers worldwide. Through its proprietary content creation, video library, and distribution via www.CannabisFN.com, CFN has built an extensive database of cannabis interest, assisting many of the world’s largest cannabis firms and CBD brands to build awareness and thrive. For more information, please visit www.cfnenterprisesinc.com.
Disclaimer: Matters discussed on this website contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may from time-to-time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. The Information contains forward-looking statements, i.e. statements or discussions that constitute predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, estimates, or projections as indicated by such words as "expects", "will", "anticipates", and "estimates"; therefore, you should proceed with extreme caution in relying upon such statements and conduct a full investigation of the Information and the Profiled Issuer as well as any such forward-looking statements. Any forward looking statements we make in the Information are limited to the time period in which they are made, and we do not undertake to update forward looking statements that may change at any time; The Information is presented only as a brief "snapshot" of the Profiled Issuer and should only be used, at most, and if at all, as a starting point for you to conduct a thorough investigation of the Profiled Issuer and its securities and to consult your financial, legal or other adviser(s) and avail yourself of the filings and information that may be accessed at www.sec.gov, www.pinksheets.com, www.otcmarkets.com or other electronic sources, including: (a) reviewing SEC periodic reports (Forms 10-Q and 10-K), reports of material events (Form 8-K), insider reports (Forms 3, 4, 5 and Schedule 13D); (b) reviewing Information and Disclosure Statements and unaudited financial reports filed with the Pink Sheets or www.otcmarkets.com; (c) obtaining and reviewing publicly available information contained in commonlyknown search engines such as Google; and (d) consulting investment guides at www.sec.gov and www.finra.com. You should always be cognizant that the Profiled Issuers may not be current in their reporting obligations with the SEC and OTCMarkets and/or have negative signs at www.otcmarkets.com (See section below titled "Risks Related to the Profiled Issuers, which provides additional information pertaining thereto). For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity-based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure, please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/. A short time after we acquire the securities of the foregoing company, we may publish the (favorable) information about the issuer referenced above advising others, including you, to purchase; and while doing so, we may sell the securities we acquired. In addition, a third-party shareholder compensating us may sell his or her shares of the issuer while we are publishing favorable information about the issuer. Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity- based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/.